01 September, 2009

Things growing in and around the house...

My mom and I have a thing for saving dying plants, as well as growing stuff we bought from a store. In the past couple of years vines have been overtaking the back of the house, and only recently have little grape buds begun to show. Hopefully in a decade or so we can make a delicious ice wine!

Here's a cactus I bought when I moved home in the spring:

cactus2

It blossomed quite a bit over the summer:

cactus3

And this is a cactus I saved from near death. I re-potted it over a year ago to help its root structure, and now it can stand on its own! It was so limp and sad just a few months ago:

cactus

In the backyard we have some spearmint:

spearmint

Photobucket

Sicilian oregano (also saved from near death):

sicilian oregano

Greek oregano:

Photobucket

green oregano2

Last but not least, the grapevine taking over the backside of the house:

grapevine

grapes1

grapes

grapes2

Photobucket

No comments:

Followers