22 September, 2009

May You Live in Interesting Times...

Came home from an inspirational Rosh Hashana in the community to my father sicker than ever. He can't breathe, is coughing up blood and his lungs are filling up with fluid from the congestive heart failure.

So he was admitted to emergency last night and they're keeping him there for at least a few days this week and will be pumping him full of diuretics.

I'm not sure just how sick he has to be before they give him a transplant, but it has to be really bad since apparently having a heart that can't get any bigger and all the above mentioned symptoms aren't enough.

It truly frightens me to see him in the state requiring a transplant.

But the Jewish community never fails to amaze me when they band together to pray for the sick. Since last night I've received numerous notes from people telling me they are praying for my family and it is very reassuring.

I don't know what I'd do without such wonderful people in my life. Really, I'd be completely lost.

No comments:

Followers