28 August, 2009

So apparently I now work for the downtown branch of a kiruv organization in my city. My duties will include babysitting, and assisting with the planning and preparation of events held there.

Last night my rebbetzin showed me how to properly put her son to sleep, and I noticed that she just went on reciting Shema to him regardless of his interruptions. She also sang some other song to him which I think is called, "Melech HaGolah."

I would like to find the words and music to this song so I can learn it too, so at least her son will have what he is used to being sung to him before bedtime.

So far Google has proved useless, and because I'm unmarried I'm not allowed to register as a user on www.imamother.com to ask for help. I'm feeling kind of stuck, so I guess the only thing left to do is ask my rebbetzin herself to teach it to me.

Maybe it's because I grew up secular, but for some reason I can't express how honoured I feel to say Shema with someone else's kid at night. He is so adorable and it feels like good practice for my own Ima status some day in the future.

Anyway, time to stop dilly-dallying and get ready for Shabbos.

Shabbat Shalom!

2 comments:

s(b.) said...

you mean this?
http://www.zemirotdatabase.org/view_song.php?id=26
http://www.torahtots.com/hamalach.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJoKz0zzvJ0
I used to say it when I was a little kid. (Hi, I'm sb/s(b.) from frum satire's boards/comments, but you can call me sarah. I didn't want to post this link in hesh's forum, but www.heartless-bitches.com --> right column, click manipulator files. It can apply to both men and women, and some of it's a bit harsh, but if it's the sort of thing that is helpful at a certain point in your life, it can come in handy. Good luck, and best wishes. :)

daughter of light said...

Blogger daughter of light said...

Thank you, so very much! I see now it is Malech Hagoel... No wonder I couldn't find it. This is going to make my job much easier since I won't have to deal with a screaming three year old who wants me to a sing a song I don't know.

I should be able to learn it in a few weeks no problem.

Followers