22 March, 2010

Interfaith Relations

You tell me you guess it's a sin to sleep with a Muslim dude,
But I tell you it's not true,
That it's only 'cause I am a Jew
And it's nothing personal against you.

You imply hypocrisy
At the utter simplicity
With which I switch
To abstinence from poly.

But it is that simple I say,
And to you I owe nothing and will not repay.
We fooled around years ago-- the number exactly two,
No, I don't owe a thing, not even to you.

You say it would liberate me
To sleep with you to cure this tragedy--
A blemish so raw on my soul,
But the rape has left a big gaping hole.

One that cannot be filled with meaningless sex--
The way you say I should fuck an ex.
Does this approach work with anyone?
I am not joking, this is not fun.

My parents are planning to separate when all this is through,
My dad is a Gentile and my mother, a Jew.
The pain I've seen them endure over time,
Is one I'd like to prevent by marrying my own kind.

No comments:

Followers