23 March, 2010

Hamsa Painting

I was feeling inspired by the painting on my blog and tried to recreate it with the lyrics to Adon Olam on it. Oh, and it would appear I came out of UV painting retirement after all. I am painting this piece to sling over my tent at music festivals this summer alongside my Israeli flag. Because it has the name of G-d on it, I need to purchase some waterproofing spray to protect it from the elements of the Laurentian mountains.

Still a work in progress:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The last frame is riddled with spelling errors that had to be painted over and will be corrected later on. I am also trying to build upon a dually chromatic henna-like pattern in some of the space on the hamsa. Definitely need to layer the colours a little more. The eye requires definition which I've begun working on and will photograph probably after Pesach.

No comments:

Followers