23 November, 2008

Kibbutz Ha'on

Somewhere in the Middle East, that is Israel, on the south-eastern shore of the Sea of Galilee, near the borders between Syria and Jordan lies a beautiful kibbutz village called Ha'on.

Here are some highlights from my first overnight encounter with Eretz Yisrael.

Looking at these photos instantly sends me back my stay there. Drinking fruity Golani wine, dancing and singing along to The Doors and Bob Marley coming from the patio bar stereo, and gazing across the water to Tiberias. I remember how connected to H-shem I felt. Also, it was clear as crystal to see the Kabbalistic connection between Northern Israel and the element of water. The emotional intensity of being somewhere that instantly felt like home was unreal. It actually brought me to tears on the second night, while chilling by the water with some of my trip mates.

We were discussing our identities as Jews and Canadians, and which we see first when identifying ourselves and why. I mentioned the pull from my grandmother (who is now passed on) to come to Israel, and how I think she would have wanted this.

The next day, after crying (again) from trancing out at the Kotel (Western Wall) over Tehillim (Psalms), our Israeli tour guide told me my grandmother is probably very proud of me right now.

I hope he is right.

Photobucket

Photobucket

date tree ha'on

ha'on1

ha'on date trees

date trees yellow house

degelim ha'on

ha'on night shot chalets

night shot1

ha'on cafeteria

walkway ha'on

kinneret/tiberias across the water

more walkway

walkway1 ha'on

evening beach

more kinneret

tiberias across the water in the evening

No comments:

Followers