09 May, 2010

Therapy

Started rape counseling this past week. Did not expect CBT to be this painful.

But we barely touched on the rape, in fact much of the first appointment dug deeper into my past. I left in tears because we confronted my having been taken out of my home for neglect and how my parents dressed it up in lies to make it seem like they weren't at fault for anything, and how I believed them for so long.

And I made the stupid mistake of telling the truth when my father asked how my appointment went. His only response was that I should keep the conversations I have with my therapist to myself. Great.

The counselor said she'd get back to me by Friday to let me know if she was the appropriate therapist or not for me, and she never did. So I'm going to assume she hasn't gotten in touch with my psychiatrist yet, because I could tell by her prompting that she thinks I need a therapist who's more, well, observant than her.

Which means I have to start this process all over again with someone else and I'm not really looking forward to that.

No comments:

Followers